When would you consider a country as ready to ease lock-downs in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic? Experts say these 7 indicators will determine if a country is ready to ease lockdowns.
- When there is the ability to detect and break transmission chains
- When the healthcare system can minimise deaths and severe complications
- When healthcare workers are well protected
- When there is the ability to maintain adequate and steady supply of food and medicines, especially in view of the prolonged duration of the pandemic
- When here is the ability to protect the vulnerable
- When the healthcare system is able to maintain its normal services, including those that are unrelated to Covid-19
- When there is financial support for individuals and companies, especially for those who need treatment